British audio at its finest.
The LSX is a compact two-speaker wireless music system with all the convenience and connectivity of the connected world, but with the emotion and detail of true high-resolution stereo. LSX is fully wireless, both from source and between the speakers and will feature Apple AirPlayTM 2 technology enabling multi-room streaming from an iPhone, iPad, or Mac in early 2019.
LSX follows the award-winning LS50 Wireless and shares much of the cutting-edge acoustic engineering that has made that product famous within the audio community.
It features KEF’s Uni-Q® driver array, a signature innovation that radically improves stereo imaging and does so across a much wider listening area.
This combines with KEF’s highly advanced trademark-pending Music Integrity EngineTM, a cutting-edge collection of bespoke Digital Signal Processing algorithms that ensure accurate time alignment and phase coherence. The result is that while LSX is small enough to sit on shelves, desktops or flank a TV, it offers a massive and deep sound field which completely belies its size.
LSX’s gently curved cabinet was designed with extensive use of Finite Element Analysis and is extensively braced, as well as featuring constrained layer damping as found in KEF’s high-end products. Continuing KEF’s long tradition of design collaboration, LSX was overseen by designer Michael Young who has created a masterpiece of understated elegance. LSX comes with a choice of five colours – Black, Blue, Maroon and Olive – which are clad in a luxury fabric by Danish textile manufacturer Kvadrat – and a striking Gloss White.
LSX will integrate with key music services and can also access music stored on a networked hard drive or PC via DLNA® . It also features BluetoothTM 4.2 connectivity. Its two-box form factor makes LSX perfect for music and TV, for which it features both TOSLINK® optical and Auxiliary inputs.
LSX can be set-up in minutes using the KEF’s Control app, which also manages feature updates via simple over-the-air downloads.
Compact, effortless to operate, and with connectivity options to satisfy both music streaming and TV needs, LSX is a major step forward in the quest to deliver true and proper sound quality for connected consumers.
● Acoustic design with 4″ Uni-Q driver; FEA designed cabinet with hidden heat-sink
● KEF’s dedicated time correcting Music Integrity EngineTM
● Adjustable EQ settings via KEF Control App
● Dedicated apps for iOS and AndroidTM
● Proprietary wireless inter-speaker connection supports 48kHz/24bit; optional wired connection supports 96kHz/24bit transmission
● Supports source files up to 192kHz/24bit
● 2.4GHz/5GHz Dual-band Wi-Fi connectivity (DLNA/uPNPTM)
● Apple AirPlay 2 (available in early 2019 via firmware update)
● Tidal Music (via KEF Stream app)
● Bluetooth 4.2 with Qualcomm® aptXTM codec
● Optical input (TOSLINK)
● AUX input
● Subwoofer output
● Mounting insert for supporting wall-mount
● Supports third-party programmable remote controls
● Supports IP Control
● Available in: Maroon, Blue, Gloss White, Black and Olive
Availability: November (exclusively via Selfridges) Suggested Retail Price: £1,000
For more details: Visit the website here