The fastest scanner on earth, handling 9000 documents a day!
Often I visit storage rooms which are full head-to-toe with boxes of documents, especially in universities, which are crying out to be copied and kept safe on a hard drive or in the cloud. However, with so vast documents comes vast work and an unimaginable amount of hours.
This is where theEpson Workforce DS-970 comes into play. You can plow through with 100 sheets automatically at a time! Whilst it accepts versatile paper sizes that range from business cards to long documents (8.5″ x 240″). Not only that, it can scan folded documents.
The DS-970 includes advanced paper feed technology, such as Ultrasonic Double-feed Detection, Slow Speed Mode (for delicate sheets) and Paper Protection (to prevent misfeeds). The scanner is compatible with any PC or Mac. Bundled software includes Epson Scan 2, EMC Captiva, and Document Capture Pro.
Users can scan files to searchable PDFs and editable Word and Excel with the built-in OCR software; they can also scan to various cloud storage accounts, such as Evernote, Google Drive, and SharePoint. Epson also offers an optional Flatbed Dock for connecting the DS-970 to a compatible Epson photo scanner.
There’s also three-year limited warranty with an Advanced Exchange Program that includes next business-day replacement. Not that you’ll ever need it, this is Epson after all, they lead in technology and build quality when it comes to hardware.
- High Speed: Capable of maintaining the same high scanning speeds in colour, grayscale and black and white up to 300 dpi up to 85 ppm and 170 ipm
- Suggested Daily Volume: Built to match the volume requirements of decentralised departmental scanning at 9,000 pages per day.
- Advanced paper feed technology: dynamic skew correction prevents misfeeds and paper jams; also features auto paper size detection and double-feed detection.
- High Flexibility: Capable of reliably handling a wide variety of document sizes, from 2.1 by 2.1 inches up to 8.5 by 215 inches. A Long Document Mode enables scanning of documents up to 215 inches in length.
- Rigid plastic card scanning, including ID and embossed cards
- LCD with user definable job settings with 9 selectable jobs on the scanner front control panel.
- Ultrasonic Double-feed Detection
- ADF holds up to 100 pages
Additionally, the model comes with a compact, space-saving footprint, designed to easily fit within virtually any modern workspace. Making it not only superb for everyday use at home, this can handle the largest task you can throw at it with ease.
In terms of serving a purpose, the Epson DS-970 is peak performance scanning technology. Epson yet again proving the only competition they have when it comes to printing hardware solutions, is with themselves. If you’re looking for a ultra-fast scanner with ease of use and Japanese build-quality craftsmanship then this is the perfect product.
Buy from Epson